Donate an iPad to help us keep kids connected
Do you have an unused iPad you can donate? Help our kids keep in touch via video call with their parent in custody while prisons are closed to visitors during the Coronavirus pandemic.
Our staff are working hard to ensure every child is able to stay connected to their loved ones via video call while the prisons are closed to visitors during the COVID-19 pandemic. Many of our children and families do not have their own devices, so we need your spare or unused iPads or iPhones to ensure they can stay in touch with mum or dad in custody, or with their volunteer mentor.
If you have a device to donate, here’s what to do:
- Ensure your iPad or iPhone for donation is no more than 5 years old with either Cellular or WiFi connectivity.
- Ensure the device is in good working order, cleared of all data and restored to factory settings.
- Wipe down your device with disinfectant or sanitiser if possible (our staff team will also repeat this process).
- Include a charger with your device, and package in a snap-lock or other secure bag clearly marked with the word DONATION and the name and contact details of the donor in case our SHINE team has any questions.
- Complete the form below with your details and the details of your device, so we can say thank you and arrange for the device to be collected by one of our SHINE team.
- Please note that this is a donation, and for health and security reasons these devices cannot be returned.
If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected] or call 02 9714 3000