Various Locations – Cessnock, Silverwater, Parklea, Windsor, Wellington, Kempsey, Long Bay, Goulburn, Junee, Bathurst, Nowra, ACT
Time required: 15 hours
SHINE for Kids is the only national charity to provide services to support children and young people from infancy through to reaching adulthood at 18, our programs operate in secure, open custody, and transitional correctional facilities throughout NSW, ACT, VIC, WA and QLD, and encompass:
- Casework and Parenting
- Supported Transport
- Onsite Engagement Facilitation including Child and Family Centres and supported prison in visits programs
- Aboriginal Program
- Educational Support
- Carer Support
SHINE for Kids programs is designed to provide positive opportunities to reduce the likelihood of children transitioning into child protection and justice systems, help avoid family fragmentation, and to reduce both juvenile and adult recidivism.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person to provide support to assist the Child and Family Coordinators with administration duties at the centres.
Duties and Responsibilities
We are seeking Administration support volunteers to assist with the following;
- Data base entry
- Processing child and parent day applicants
- Storytime applicants
- Entering enrolment forms/sign in sheets
- Contacting carers/families via phone and email
- General cleaning duties
- Excel/ word entries
- Report on spreadsheets-monthly
- Follow up current volunteers paperwork/applications
- Organise volunteer timetable
- Fundraising support
- Networking/advocating in the community
- Regular catch ups with coordinator
- Various other administration tasks as required
- Current Working with Children Check
- Criminal History Records Check (undertaken by SHINE for Kids)
For more details on the role, please find the full position description available here: Position and Job Description – Volunteer Administration Assistant for Centres – Rev 2.3
If this volunteering opportunity is what you are looking for and you are able to meet the time requirements, please submit your expression of interest to join our volunteer team now and make a world of difference.
Everyone at SHINE for Kids from Executive to volunteers take seriously our commitment and responsibility to safeguarding children and young people across all our programs and services in a supportive environment that is caring, safe, nurturing, free from bullying, abuse, exploitation and neglect.