Location: Volunteer remotely
Time required: Ongoing Flexible hours and times
SHINE for Kids is the only national charity to provide services to support children and young people from infancy through to reaching adulthood at 18, our programs operate in secure, open custody, and transitional correctional facilities throughout NSW, ACT, VIC and QLD
SHINE for Kids programs are designed to provide positive opportunities to reduce the likelihood of children transitioning into child protection and justice systems, help avoid family fragmentation, and to reduce both juvenile and adult recidivism.
The Research Coordinator will lead and provide technical direction over an innovative and exciting body of research focused on children of prisoners, spanning across evaluation of existing activities and exploratory research/conduct background research to inform programs that focus on the rights and needs of children of prisoners.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and delivery of research activities as directed by National Programs Manager
- Maintain effective research partnerships and facilitate the flow of information with relevant internal stakeholders and key external stakeholders
- Support the ongoing development and refinement of outcomes surveys which automates reporting on program effectiveness and indicators of success related to SHINE’s mission, programs and strategic plan
- Assist in the development of benchmarks, data collection, use and interpretation of data across SHINE
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating research projects to time
- Coordination skills and experience with the ability to influence, motivate and effectively engage stakeholders
- Proven ability to work flexibly and adapt as necessary to the demands of multiple projects and initiatives as well as work independently and contribute effectively as a team member.
- An understanding of the role of multidisciplinary research in driving social change
- Experience in the Not for Profit Sector;
- Experience in criminal justice program delivery and evaluation
If you would like to volunteer with us, please fill in the expression of interest now.