A series of seminars for community workers May–June 2013
A series of one-day interactive education seminars was held in Kempsey, Taree and Western Sydney. The seminars were designed specifically for community workers who come in contact with children who have been affected by having a parent or other family member in prison in NSW, Victoria or the ACT. It aimed to provide attendees with:
- increased professional competence
- an awareness of the impact and stages of parental imprisonment on the child
- positive strategies for working with the child to minimise the impact of parental incarceration
- an overview of the prison system and the linkage to SHINE for Kids services
- aligning services in the community for best outcomes
Attendees also received a certificate of completion and a directory of resources.