- Brimbank location, VIC
- 3 days -12 month maximum contract
- NFP Salary packaging
SHINE for Kids is the only national charity to provide services to support children and young people who have a parent in prison.
To implement SHINE Education Support Program (RISE) in Brimbank. The role will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with schools, carers, incarcerated parents, volunteer mentors and students.
- Identify schools in the catchment area with students affected by parental incarceration
- Develop and hold a co-design meeting with schools and relevant community organisations to foster wrap around support for children with a parent incarcerated.
- Maintain regular communication with school staff to develop and implement the service in the classroom.
- Carry out educational assessments on children accessing the program prior to their commencement and at regular intervals during their participation in the program
- Maintain an open, warm and very professional relationship with all parents/carers and share positive information about the children with their parents
- Make recommendations in relation to the case planning of each child
- Undertake project evaluations and risk management assessments of the service
- Undertake office administrative tasks related to work at the office
- Compile timely case notes, reports and record keeping of client information on the SHINE for Kids client database.
- Provide timely and accurate monthly reports detailing program performance, issues arising and future recommendations.
- Develop your own work plans.
- Undertake regular project evaluation. Participate in annual project evaluations each year. The evaluation will include client surveys, statistical data and gaps in service.
- To recruit and train volunteers to support children in the classroom
- Supervise and support volunteers and students
You will have a minimum 2 years’ experience in case work, case management and referral skills, particularly working with vulnerable families.
You are required to hold a valid and paid working with children’s check and be able to pass security clearance checks.
If you have experience in the duties outlined please forward your resume and a cover letter addressing your experience, plus any other information that you feel is relevant to your ability to perform this role to [email protected]
Everyone at SHINE for Kids from Executive staff to volunteers take seriously our commitment and responsibility to safeguarding children and young people across all our programs and services in a supportive environment that is caring, safe, nurturing, free from bullying, abuse, exploitation and neglect.