Location: North Parramatta
Volunteer for a values driven organisation
Founded in 1982, SHINE for Kids has provided crucial support to children and young people with incarcerated parents and/or relatives for over 35 years. The invisible victims of crime, children experience significant psychological trauma and deep impact on their socio-emotional development as a result of their parent’s imprisonment.
The only national charity to provide services to support children and young people from infancy to adulthood, SHINE for Kids programs operate in secure, open custody, and transitional correctional facilities throughout NSW, ACT, VIC and QLD.
SHINE’s programs are designed to provide support and positive opportunities to reduce the likelihood of children transitioning into child protection and justice systems, help avoid family fragmentation and intergenerational offending, and to reduce both juvenile and adult recidivism.
The People and Culture (PaC) Admin volunteer provides support to the PaC function in operational and administrative tasks.
- Provide administration support to recruitment function such as posting job ads, booking interviews, sending invites and conducting reference checks.
- Processing volunteer EOIs and manage volunteer enquires in a timely manner.
- Maintain spreadsheets.
- Ensuring the database and records is correctly maintained and updated in a timely manner.
- Assist with completing relevant checks (like a police check, CSNSW paperwork, working with children check etc).
- Follow all SHINE safety policies and procedures.
- Current Working with Children Check
- Criminal History Records Check (undertaken by SHINE for Kids)
Our organisation undertakes several screening processes to ensure the appropriate protection of children in its care. This includes reference checks, identity check, qualification checks and professional registration checks.
Training and supervision will be provided.
For more details on the role, please find the full position description available here: Position and Job Description – PaC Administrator Rev 1.0
If this volunteering opportunity is what you are looking for and you are able to meet the time requirements, please submit your expression of interest to join our volunteer team now and make a world of difference.
Everyone at SHINE for Kids from Executive to volunteers take seriously our commitment and responsibility to safeguarding children and young people across all our programs and services in a supportive environment that is caring, safe, nurturing, free from bullying, abuse, exploitation and neglect.