SHINE for Kids is the only national charity to provide services to support children and young people from infancy through to reaching adulthood at 18, our programs operate in secure, open custody, and transitional correctional facilities throughout NSW, ACT, VIC and QLD, and encompass:
- Casework and Parenting
- Supported Transport
- Onsite Engagement Facilitation including Child and Family Centres and supported prison visits
- Aboriginal Program
- Educational Support
- Carer Support
SHINE for Kids programs are designed to provide positive opportunities to reduce the likelihood of children transitioning into child protection and justice systems, help avoid family fragmentation, and to reduce both juvenile and adult recidivism.
To supervise and support the children, their families and volunteers on Palm Island who are participating in our Education Support Program.
- Liaise with school staff to develop and implement the service in the classroom
- Develop and conduct school holiday outings in the community for the Aboriginal Children and Young People.
- Carry out educational assessments on children accessing the program prior to their commencement and at regular intervals during their participation in the program
- Maintain an open, warm and very professional relationship with all parents/carers and share positive information about the children with their parents
- Make recommendations in relation to the case planning of each child
- Work with and encourage Aboriginal families to become more engaged with their child’s schooling.
- Undertake project evaluations and risk management assessments of the service
- Undertake office administrative tasks related to work at the office
- Compile timely case notes, reports and record keeping of client information on the SHINE for Kids client database.
- Compile case notes, reports and records of client information on the database
- Provide timely and accurate monthly reports detailing program performance, issues arising and future recommendations.
- Develop your own work plans.
- Undertake regular project evaluation. Participate in annual project evaluations each year. The evaluation will include client surveys, statistical data and gaps in service.
Everyone at SHINE for Kids from Executive staff to volunteers take seriously our commitment and responsibility to safeguarding children and young people across all our programs and services in a supportive environment that is caring, safe, nurturing, free from bullying, abuse, exploitation and neglect.
If you have the skills and experience outlined please forward your resume and a cover letter addressing the above skills and experience, plus any other information that you feel is relevant to your ability to perform this role to [email protected]