Office location: Kempsey
Part-time: Contract to 22 December 2017 (28 hours/week)
SHINE for Kids is a registered Not for Profit organisation that has been supporting children and families of prisoners for over 30 years. SHINE for Kids has a firm belief in the power of early intervention and a focus on collaboration to reduce the negative effects of parental imprisonment on children and young people.
SHINE for Kids provides a range of services across the ACT, NSW, QLD and Victoria. We are looking for passionate and skilled person wanting a role with a real difference.
- Great opportunity to make a real difference in the community
- Competitive remuneration with salary sacrifice package
- To deliver an education focused service that ensures that Aboriginal Children and Young People experience more positive outcomes as they begin school and with their schooling.
- The Education Program affords children the opportunity to excel academically, be supported at school socially, emotionally and culturally, and become more engaged with their education and learning.
- This service will be complimented with school holiday outings.
- Experience in Education, Community Welfare, Social Work, Welfare or Social Sciences, including a Diploma or tertiary qualification
- Minimum 3 years experience conducting education programs, case work, case management and referral skills, particularly with vulnerable families
- Minimum 2 years experience in conducting initial or brief assessments to determine the needs of children
- Demonstrate an understanding of the issues and challenges that children of prisoners face
- Demonstrate an awareness of the issues faced by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse clients
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An understanding and adherence with Work Health and Safety principles to ensure the health and safety of yourself and others at the workplace
- An understanding of the principles and practices related to workplace diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Adherence to the SHINE for Kids Code of Conduct and Ethics to ensure ethical issues are promptly addressed
- Proficient computer literacy and experience with the Microsoft Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook Express – Email)
- Previous experience with the use of in-house databases
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Current Working with Childrens Check
- NSW Police Record Check
- Current First Aid Certificate and current Anaphylaxis / Asthma and Epilepsy management training
- Identify and be accepted by the Aboriginal community as an Australian Aboriginal person or Torres Strait Islander person
Please note this position involves work within a Correctional Centre environment.
SHINE for Kids provides flexible and best practice working conditions including attractive salary packing benefits and professional support.
Applications now open.
- Applications must contain a current resume.
- Applications that do not address ALL the selection criteria above will not be considered.
Apply to: Russell Freeburn 0412 878 832
Private & confidential
Recruitment Officer, SHINE for Kids
PO Box 67
Ermington NSW 1700