Location: North Parramatta
Time required: On going Flexible hours and times
SHINE for Kids is the only national charity to provide services to support children and young people from infancy through to reaching adulthood at 18, our programs operate in secure, open custody, and transitional correctional facilities throughout NSW, ACT, VIC and QLD, and encompass:
- Casework and Parenting
- Supported Transport
- Onsite Engagement Facilitation including Child and Family Centres and supported prison in visits programs
- Aboriginal Program
- Educational Support
- Carer Support
SHINE for Kids programs is designed to provide positive opportunities to reduce the likelihood of children transitioning into child protection and justice systems, help avoid family fragmentation, and to reduce both juvenile and adult recidivism.
Our Head Office at North Parramatta is very busy with the day-to-day running of the organisation and all our Programs. We are looking for an enthusiastic person to provide support to our volunteering team.
Duties and Responsibilities
We are seeking an Administration support volunteer to assist with the following;
- Processing all the EOI and manage volunteer enquires in a timely manner
- Following up on all submissions with each centre and program managers
- Ensuring the volunteer database and records is correctly maintained and updated in a timely manner
- Assist with reference checks
- Assist with completing relevant checks (like a police check, CSNSW paperwork, working with children check etc)
- Assisting with fostering relationships with volunteer peak bodies or other forums where SHINE for Kids volunteering opportunities may be best promoted.
- Assist with recruiting volunteers and posting adverts where appropriate
- Ensuring that volunteer recruitment, exiting and attendances are recorded accurately maintained on a regular basis
- Assisting with the Quarterly volunteer newsletter
- Assisting with updating existing position description
- Current Working with Children Check
- Criminal History Records Check (undertaken by SHINE for Kids)
If you would like to volunteer with us, please fill in the expression of interest now.
For more details on the role, please find the full position description available here Position and Job Description – Volunteer Support – Rev 1.0
If this volunteering opportunity is what you are looking for and you are able to meet the time requirements, please submit your expression of interest to join our volunteer team now and make a world of difference.
Everyone at SHINE for Kids from Executive to volunteers take seriously our commitment and responsibility to safeguarding children and young people across all our programs and services in a supportive environment that is caring, safe, nurturing, free from bullying, abuse, exploitation and neglect.