Located at Windsor NSW
38 hours per week – full time
SHINE for Kids is the only national organisation to provide services to support children and young people from infancy through to reaching adulthood at 18, our programs operate in secure, open custody, and transitional correctional facilities throughout NSW, ACT, VIC, QLD and WA. This position is based at Windsor, NSW.
Keeping Us Together aims to help parents understand the dynamics of and build confidence in building healthy, respectful relationships with their children, and learn how to foster this connection throughout their incarceration. Primary responsibilities of the position include program facilitation, sourcing referrals, participant care, facilitating risk management and program logistics, supporting intake and administration, and working with key stakeholders, volunteers and community partners.
The Program – Keeping us Together
The program uses mindfulness and reflection to inspire mums in custody to examine and improve their communication with children so that they may foster positive interactions which support children’s development and positive identity.
KUT runs for 12 hours in total and can be delivered flexibly to suit the needs and availability of parents at the various Correctional Centres. (3 week model or 6 week delivery model)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementing and facilitating a minimum of 4 KUT programs at Dillwynia Women’s Correctional complex with KPI of 10-15 participants attending per each program ran with a minimum of 40-60 participants per year
- Implementing and facilitating a minimum of 4 KUT programs at Emu Plains Women’s Correctional complex with KPI of 10-15 participants attending per program ran with a minimum of 40-60 participants per year
- Completing training and working on our SFK Impact Portal
- Forming key stakeholder relationships with the Dillwynia and Emu Plains Correctional Centres
- Completing planning calendars to ensure we meet KPIs and funding requirements
- Promoting the program at the 2 sites and sourcing referrals for your programs
- Actively network with educational providers, service providers, media advertising and create opportunities for recruiting volunteers to SHINE for Kids
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education Care, Social Services, Criminology or Community Services or equivalent experience in a facilitation role.
- Current Working with Children Check (Paid)
- Police Check
- Our organisation undertakes several screening processes to ensure the appropriate protection of children in its care. This includes reference checks, Identity check, qualification checks, Criminal History Records Check and professional registration checks.
- Current Drivers Licence
Key Selection Criteria
- Minimum of two years of progressive experience facilitating or leading program delivery
- Experience with people that live with significant barriers or life challenges
- Flexibility to be able to accommodate the changing needs of program delivery requirements, being able to multi-task
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated competency in the use of computer programs including office 365, excel and databases.
- Able to navigate online tools to submit reports
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to think laterally in relation to problems/issues
- Ability to work independently
Everyone at SHINE for Kids from Executive to volunteers take seriously our commitment and responsibility to safeguarding children and young people across all our programs and services in a supportive environment that is caring, safe, nurturing, free from bullying, abuse, exploitation and neglect.
If you have the skills and experience outlined please submit your resume and a cover letter addressing the above skills and experience, plus any other information that you feel is relevant to your ability to perform this role. Child and Family Facilitator Western Sydney
We kindly ask recruiters not to submit any applicants