- Frank Baxter Detention Centre – Kariong NSW
- Part time 1 day a week for 12 months
- NFP Salary packaging
SHINE for Kids is the only national charity to provide services to support children and young people who have a parent in prison.
The Aboriginal Integrated Family Case Coordinator provides a critical link between Stand As One Mentees and their family in community. The coordination plans and implements cultural re-connection activities in the community and/or within Frank Baxter to encourage good behavior and promote the development of family and community supports post-release.
This specific position is Indigenous Identified and is open only to applicants of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage, in line with s42, Discrimination Act 1991.
- Coordinating of family case work for young people participating in the Stand As One Program. Compiling case management plans, case notes, reports and record keeping of client information on the database for the mentoring program.
- Organising cultural activities in community
- Home visits to family members in community as required
- Leading Volunteer Mentors to maintain an open and professional relationship with all Aboriginal families and other key stakeholders (eg guardians/carer’s) in the program.
- Supporting teams to develop and maintain professional and collaborative working relationship with management and staff within Juvenile Justice Centre’s and the wider Juvenile Justice system.
- Supporting teams to promote Stand As One Program, liaising and developing links with key community, government, legal or other support agencies in order to support the young people and their families in accessing services.
- Advocate on behalf of young people as required.
- Ensuring the respective monthly KPIs relevant to the contract are met and exceeded.
- Participating in any project evaluations. (The evaluation will include client surveys, statistical data and gaps in service)
- Maintain statistical records relevant to the Stand As One Program to ensure that statistics are collated and reported on in a timely manner.
- Adherences to confidentiality and privacy requirements as per legislation and organisational policy for you and your team.
- Ensuring teams adhere to mandatory reporting legislative requirements, policies and procedures.
- Liaise with all workers from SHINE for Kids and where necessary, provide specialist technical advice to your teams, clients, colleagues and supervisor.
- Leading the delivery of child and young person safe programs. Follow SHINE for Kids policy and procedure and mandated legislative processes in the event of a notification for a child or young person, seeking assistance from your Manager.
- Ensure that the work carried out in the Stand As One Program contributes to the achievement of the SHINE for Kids Strategic Plan and reflects organisational core values.
- Provide regular, professional quality good news stories or case studies which promote the achievements of the Stand As One Program.
- Undertake general administration duties.
- To work in collaboration with external agencies to recruit and assess suitable volunteer mentors.
- Train, support and supervise volunteers, casuals and students. Conduct a two day training program for successful mentor applicants
- Be on call when the mentors are supporting young people on the program.
If you have experience in the duties outlined please forward your resume and a cover letter addressing your experience, plus any other information that you feel is relevant to your ability to perform this role to [email protected]
Everyone at SHINE for Kids from Executive staff to volunteers take seriously our commitment and responsibility to safeguarding children and young people across all our programs and services in a supportive environment that is caring, safe, nurturing, free from bullying, abuse, exploitation and neglect.