Children’s Supported Transport Volunteer – ACT
Supported Transport involves transporting a child or young person to visit their parent in prison. The Program ensures that the parent and child bond is maintained and the child is supported during a difficult time in their life.
You will be responsible for:
- Contacting carer prior to visit to arrange pick up time
- Picking up the child from their homes and driving them to the Alexander Maconochie Centre to see their parent
- Facilitating the visit between the child and parent if needed
- Taking the child back home, talking in the car about how they are feeling about the visit
- Completing online report for SHINE for Kids
Volunteers will be required to use their own vehicles or the designated SHINE vehicle if available.
* ACT/NSW Driver’s Licence
* Own vehicle with comprehensive car insurance
* Working with vulnerable people (WWVP) registration
* Criminal record check
* Demonstrated experience working with children and young people
All Volunteers will be required to attend an initial interview. Upon a successful interview, two reference checks, completed, Criminal Record Check and Working with Children Checks must be completed along with training and other paper work.
Everyone at SHINE for Kids from Executive staff to volunteers take seriously our commitment and responsibility to safeguarding children and young people across all our programs and services in a supportive environment that is caring, safe, nurturing, free from bullying, abuse, exploitation and neglect.
If you would like to learn more about this volunteer opportunity, please feel free to read more of the position description attached. Position and Job Description – Supported Transport Volunteer – ACT – Rev 1.0