Volunteer Support (Volunteer position)
Location: North Parramatta
Time required: 2 -3 days a week
SHINE for Kids is the only national charity to provide services to support children and young people from infancy through to reaching adulthood at 18, our programs operate in secure, open custody, and transitional correctional facilities throughout NSW, ACT, VIC and QLD, and encompass:
- Casework and Parenting
- Supported Transport
- Onsite Engagement Facilitation including Child and Family Centres and supported prison in visits programs
- Aboriginal Program
- Educational Support
- Carer Support
SHINE for Kids programs is designed to provide positive opportunities to reduce the likelihood of children transitioning into child protection and justice systems, help avoid family fragmentation, and to reduce both juvenile and adult recidivism.
You will be a key point of contact for all recruitment of all volunteer across the organisation matching the skills, experiences and expectations of volunteers to available positions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Processing all the expressions of interest and managing volunteer enquires in a timely manner.
- Following up on all submissions with each centre and program managers.
- Ensuring the volunteer database and records is correctly maintained and updated in a timely manner.
- Assist with reference checks.
- Assist with completing relevant checks (like a police check, CSNSW paperwork, working with children check etc.)
- Assisting with fostering relationships with volunteer peak bodies or other forums where SHINE for Kids volunteering opportunities may be best promoted.
- Assist with recruiting volunteers and posting adverts where appropriate.
- Ensuring that volunteer recruitment, exiting and attendances are recorded accurately maintained on a regular basis.
- Assisting in the Quarterly volunteer newsletter.
- Assisting with updating the existing position description.
If you have the skills and experience we are looking for please submit your expression on interest now.
Please see attached Position Description for more information.