With increasing rates of parental incarceration across Australia and greater numbers of children impacted, the need for an organisation uniquely focused on these children and with the depth of expertise that comes from 30 years of working in this area has never been greater.
Our 2020 vision is to build futures for kids where they can shine and best the best person they can be. This means, a vision:
- to reduce intergenerational crime and build positive futures;
- for community acceptance, care and support for children, young people and their families;
- that addresses the unique challenges of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and their families;
- that improves the lives of children by expanding the perspective of their parents;
- where the justice system supports the rights of children;
- of a national profile and presence so we can be accessible to more children.